Thursday, October 8, 2009

Binding finished on my favorite U.F.O.!



This is BABY BUNTING...the quilt pattern was presented in pink, white, and pastel scraps a few years ago in either Quiltmaker or Quilter's Newsletter Magazine.  I knew at once from the size of the scrappy wedgies that it would be perfect for using up some small scraps.


Each of the 16 big blocks (finishing 19.75 inches square) is made up of 16 smaller block units. I both hand and machine-pieced the curved seams after chain machine piecing all the little wedgies together (I cut out all those 1280 little suckers with scissors!).


I chose the two green fabrics very carefully because I felt the need to calm down the "noise" of the scraps a bit, and I chose the white tone-on-tone background because I thought it would make the brightness of the scraps "pop."





When piecing this quilt, I always dreamed that I would hand-quilt it...that's how it ended up on the missing projects list.  But I am a woman on a mission to clean up as many U.F.O.'s as possible before 2010.  Thanks to Rhonda Loy of Dexter, Michigan for the machine-quilting.

In stitches,
Teresa  :o)

2 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous quilt! Someone taught me many years ago to use a gray (not the colour gray) value fabric to tone down a bright scrappy quilt. The greens you chose are perfect for giving the eye a place to rest and tone down the brightness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this quilt and I just wanted to say that the picture of your cat laying in the hoop with the quilt is so cute.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by the quilt cave...I love your feedback!

I am sorry, but you need a Google account/Profile to pose a question or leave a comment. That is very easy to get (FOR FREE) at Google.com.

Of course, you can click on my email and contact me there any time!

I am no longer able to accept comments from Anonymous readers...too much weird spam!