Thursday, April 30, 2020

As if my days needed to be s-t-r-e-t-c-h-e-d out anymore...



The slow boat from China finally got to the USA, so I have elastic!  I have managed to make a little dent in the spool since it arrived.

Each week seems like a month for me...anyone else?  It's not that I am bored.  There is certainly plenty to do.  I am stuck in slow motion and the earth seems to be spinning slower.  

Meh.



I even made a couple of science-ish masks for myself.  And, one with a dark blue background and a flowery print.  That is going to be the one I use when I mow all these acres every week!  Hopefully wearing it will help with dust and allergies...and be stylish at the same time (and hide dirt/sweat.)


I mailed out 72 of these yesterday to my extensive family, and kept a few for us.


I still have about 6 more to make in this round, then I can blog about Queen Mary for a while.  I have more blocks finished!


I have not bought novelty prints in a while, but I am finding that I wish a had bought more than a FQ with some of the ones I like the most.

(Wow!  I REALLY need to re-cover my pressing board...that is embarrassing!  I tried to cover up the the more disgusting areas with masks.)

In stitches,
Teresa   :o)

10 comments:

  1. I have not made even one mask as I don't have elastic or any kind of interfacing. I did order a mask from Etsy but it has not arrived yet. You made quite a pile of them and very stylish with all the different prints.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made some but saw that amazon had some and ordered some more as I don't like to make them - what I have will work until my order gets here - I know I can make more as I did but why bother if I don't like to is what I figured.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice job on covering your extended family with face masks!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some really cute prints for your masks! I've made a ton of masks for various and sundry groups. A small group met through Nextdoor and worked on the first batch for a small hospice/home health group and have been making ever since (and we haven't met yet). Think we've passed the 1500 mark!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, your masks are awesome!! Great Job!!🏆🥇 A+ and extra credit for sharing. Your family and extended family are so very lucky to have you!! 💐🦋🍍🌷

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute fabrics! Neat & tidy masks your extended family and friends will be happy to wear.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The prints you are using are SO cute! I have pretty much nothing like that in my stash, if you can believe it. Good to see you're doing well. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing! I stopped counting how many I have made but I know it isn't up to 72 yet. Kudos!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness that is a lot of masks!
    And I moan and complain every time I have to make 20!
    It is the perfect project to clear out the novelty prints!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't had more than 2 days in a row that I've gotten to stay home (work, and I'm the guild person that picks up masks from everyone, and drops off more elastic, etc). I'm up to 236 masks, and I have lots more that I'm working on. I found elastic made in the USA. I've ordered it twice now (only takes a few days for shipping). Your masks are cute. It's fun to pick out the cute fabrics. Have fun getting back to your applique.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by the quilt cave...I love your feedback!

I am sorry, but you need a Google account/Profile to pose a question or leave a comment. That is very easy to get (FOR FREE) at Google.com.

Of course, you can click on my email and contact me there any time!

I am no longer able to accept comments from Anonymous readers...too much weird spam!