Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Over the hump...


I have 12 of 20 blocks finished now.  When I get a couple more done, maybe I will feel like I'm in the home stretch.  Of course, then there are the appliqued borders...

Please pardon my ugly, old, pink, college blanket that I use for my design wall!!  (how's THAT for recycling...that was 30 years ago!).  Perhaps the juxtaposition of my blocks with the pink spaces will make me work harder to fill the gaps with more finished blocks.


This is block #17, only without the elephant, and I added the apple tree,  My daughter rides horses, so this one was a must!  The idea for the "apple stack" came from my daughter's favorite movie, "Spirit."  I did an apple tree and sun similar to this in my "Home Sweet Home" quilt, which is hanging over my couch in the family room.


This is the yard animal block (block #19)...I modified the chicken to make her look less like a bird and more like a chicken.

To check out the progress of the whole international group doing this particular quilt, please check out Lizzie's 'Civil War Bride Quilt blog' here.  If you love applique, you will love this group, created to chronical the journey of making this reproduction quilt.

As I was recovering from pneumonia, it was nice to have some handwork to do...thanks from all of you for your well wishes during my illness.

In stitches,
Teresa  :o)

2 comments:

  1. Very nice indeed! I love your block #17 the Horses with the Apple stack. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you are feeling better. And it is so cool to see all your blocks. They are awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by the quilt cave...I love your feedback!

I am sorry, but you need a Google account/Profile to pose a question or leave a comment. That is very easy to get (FOR FREE) at Google.com.

Of course, you can click on my email and contact me there any time!

I am no longer able to accept comments from Anonymous readers...too much weird spam!