Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Getting closer...



Here are blocks 11 and 12 of the Civil War Bride Quilt (my 13th and 14th blocks of 20 finished).  I only have 6 more to go, then I will have the center of this quilt done.  The excitement is building for me...I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. 

I have drafted a fourth urn block, in addition to a music block and a house block.  I want to put urn blocks in the four corners.  The music one is really going to be complex - I think I'm a little nuts to attempt it (it includes the instrument that my daughter plays along with all the prerequisite flowers and fruit so that it will blend with the rest of the blocks).  The house block has tons of tiny round shapes and the urn block incorporates my husband's favorite flower and some unusual fruit.  How's that for a teaser...you'll have to come back and check things out!!  LOL

Here are the fourteen blocks on my ugly design wall.

In stitches,
Teresa  :o)

5 comments:

  1. Looking just wonderful, teresa - i just can't get back into the swing of CWBQ at the moment - the time will come!
    Hugs - Lurline♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found your blog -
    These blocks are a-mazing!
    barb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you've become so fast at applique! I'm virtually done with my Bunny Hill BOM's. I say "virtually" because I decided to go back and add a smiling jack o' lantern to the October block. It won't take long, but I'm working on so many different projects right now!

    MaryLiz

    ReplyDelete
  4. How wonderful and how fast these blocks are getting done ...... you go, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just found your blog and list you on my follower lists. You civil bride quilt block is beautiful, I do love applique work and finishing up one now by hand.How long as this took so for on you blocks, just beautiful! HAPPY APPLIQUEING!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by the quilt cave...I love your feedback!

I am sorry, but you need a Google account/Profile to pose a question or leave a comment. That is very easy to get (FOR FREE) at Google.com.

Of course, you can click on my email and contact me there any time!

I am no longer able to accept comments from Anonymous readers...too much weird spam!