Saturday, September 15, 2018

She's BACK!!!




Yes, I won a ribbon for being "The Most Inconsistent Blogger EVER!

But seriously, "Food Frenemies" won an Honorable Mention at the AQS Fall Paducah Quilt Show this week. 

I thought it would be too silly a quilt to be considered by the judges, but I am so pleased.

Thank you for messages of concern.  I am still kicking.  CRAZY summer, same as all of you, with not enough quilting time.  

AND I am working on a super-secret reproduction project from something dated during the 1600's.  SO COOL!  I am not going to reveal any of it until I have gotten past the tipping point.  I think lots of you will be interested in doing it, perhaps.  I am certainly obsessed with it myself.  

When I did my "Baltimore Rhapsody" music blocks/quilt and let the block posts just trickle out, I was shocked that people were actually wanting patterns of the blocks.  I was always feeling behind and stressed about getting blocks done in a timely fashion and getting the patterns prepared.

(Still feel like that as I try to finish the saxophones and folk instruments...sigh.) 

That is how I backed into selling my patterns.  That project appealed to a certain niche of musician and musician-lovers.

This time, I want to be past a certain point before I reveal so that I can get out in front of all you speedsters who might be interested in it, as well.

THIS IS GOING TO BE SUCH A COOL, UNIQUE PROJECT!

I have been drawing blocks for 2-3 months now.  Now I am beginning to choose fabrics and construct each block.  So much fun...I wish sleep wasn't necessary.

I have LOTS of photos from the Fall Paducah Show to share with you, starting Monday.  I should have all the pictures loaded on my computer by then.  Plus, I am going to a small, sort-of-local show this morning where I will take pictures.  They only have a show every other year, but that guild has some GREAT appliquers!

Thanks for stopping by my blog and checking in on me.  I will try harder to be "home" when you do!

In stitches,
Teresa   :o)

27 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see what you're up to next!
    Congrats on being a ribbon winner, although ALL your quilts are perfection in my humble opinion!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO nice to hear from you. I was going through my reading list just this week and considered deleting you because you hadn't posted in a while. It's been a very busy summer for me, too, and it doesn't look to be slowing down any time soon. I am trying to get a little bit of time in the sewing room every day that I am home. Congrats on your win!! Looking forward to seeing your new project.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!! That's exciting about your food quilt. I'm also very keen to see your new project. Keep stitching :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! Frenemies was a winner with all of us for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait to see your newest creation! I saw a rendition of Baltimore Rhapsody at the Quilt Canada show and took a picture of it. If you haven't already been sent a picture of it, I'd be happy to send you one - just drop me an email at terri-fisher (at) shaw (dot) ca. Glad to see you back!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats! on your win at the Fall Paducah Show. How you the judges NOT love it? Food Frenemies is a super fun quilt!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So happy you had a great summer and scored a ribbon with food frenemies in Paducah!!! You go girl!!! Have fun pattern writing and creating :)
    Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations! I did see you had won an HM at Paducah and I WAS going tosend you an email (after I looked up your email address), but then I got distracted. You know how goes. Anyway Food Frenemies is a delightful quilt and definitely deserving of a ribbon (and a chuckle).
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on your ribbon - I always thought your quilt was a delicious winner haha - good to see you back :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations - you have such talent!! So glad you're back and look forward to the big reveal of your next project.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like great things to come..... see you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very eager to see the new project--how intriguing! Give my regards to the Needle Chasers.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Food Frenemies is awesome - congrats on the recognition!

    ReplyDelete
  14. 1600's? most innovative and exciting.....kind of a Jacobean, Tudor sort of thing....I will be watching for it. Congrats on Frenemies!

    ReplyDelete
  15. All good stuff in this post! Thanks for the update.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations...well deserved award...watching for your next project.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations, I love your creations!!! Best regards. Fina

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thinking about you the last few days. Wondered what you were up to. The quilting here has been on the back burner also. Glad you won. I liked your quilt. I can relate to it. Anxious to see the next quilt. Chris

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congratulations!! No surprise that the judges saw what we all see. A beautifully designed quilt with a sense of humor! I cannot wait to see the secret you are working on! Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congratulations... Frenemies is a great quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  21. So glad to see you back. I kept thinking about all the blueberries you must be picking. We had bumper crops of giant berries this year!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love your brightly coloured blocks in your last post. Happy Stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm only 6-7 hours from Paducah, but, I've never been. Looking forward to the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Congratulations Teresa, I was thrilled to see your name on the winners list! I can't wait to see your super secret project, I know I'll love it. Happy stitching.
    Hugs
    Tazzie
    :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by the quilt cave...I love your feedback!

I am sorry, but you need a Google account/Profile to pose a question or leave a comment. That is very easy to get (FOR FREE) at Google.com.

Of course, you can click on my email and contact me there any time!

I am no longer able to accept comments from Anonymous readers...too much weird spam!