I love the outer borders that Lori Smith designed for her "Miss Emilie's Garden" wall quilt, but I have to admit that I am having to make more of an effort to make them than I spent on making the twenty-five tiny applique blocks for the center of the quilt!
One problem that I encountered was making sure my sawtooth bits were completely straight along their edges. I lined up my longer rulers, weighted them down so they would not move, then carefully pressed down my freezer paper patterns up against them.
I use the straight edge of my ruler to line up the edge of my pattern.
So that I wouldn't touch my plastic rulers with the edge of my sizzling iron sole plate, I first carefully "spot pressed" the "pointy" side of the pattern strip, then I moved my beloved rulers out of danger and thoroughly pressed the freezer paper pattern to the right side of the fabric.
I am leaving quite a big margin of extra fabric on the straight-edged side of my pattern. I will trim away what I don't need later. The black drawn line is my cutting line.
Now to glue my edges under...
I hate dealing with the electrical cord while pressing tops and backings. The cord is retractable into the base, and the base can be somewhere other than in my way on the ironing board. Yippee!
It is pointy on both ends...so far I have tried to set it down like my old iron, on it's end, only once. That doesn't work too well, LOL! Duh!
Only one end slips into the charging area. I have not tried steam yet. I'm still not sure if it is hot enough, but I have not used it much yet. I will let you know.
I've been sewing props for my daughter's play...most recently, eleven huge "bags representing love"...
...and one really small bag of love. The big bags are temporarily storing my fiber-fil and batting scraps, LOL!