Saturday, May 9, 2015

Sauder Village Quilt Show: Part Four...


This is the fourth and last post on the 2015 Sauder Village 39th Annual Quilt Show.  As with others hung like this, I assure you this quilt is actually perfectly proportional.  There is a little creative hanging that happens to use every inch of hanging space!



This next quilt was a show stopper!  It won first place in the "Baby Quilt: Hand or Machine Quilted" category...













This quilt won a second place ribbon in the same category...




This quilt won a second place ribbon in the "Bed Quilts: Pieced-Hand Quilted" category...



This quilt won a second place ribbon in the "Bed Quilts: Pieced and Longarm/Midarm Machine Quilted" category...




















LOVED this next quilt...















This next quilt won lots of ribbons...first place in the "Bed Quilts: Mixed Technique-Hand Quilted" category, "Best of Show Bed Quilt," and Viewer's Choice Bed Quilt.











This next quilt won a second place ribbon in the "Bed Quilt: Mixed Technique-Hand Quilting" category along with the Best Hand Quilted ribbon...








I loved the next quilt!  Beautiful, bright fabric palette combined with great hand quilting.  Dorothy's quilts are always fun to seek out! 































Lynda DeTray took first place in the "Miniatures" category...


Barbara Henning received a second place ribbon in the same category...




This quilt won a second place ribbon in the "Art/Innovative Quilts" category...










This quilt won a second place ribbon in the "Bed Quilt: Mixed Technique-Hand Quilted" category...





This quilt won a "Judge's Choice" ribbon...



















This quilt won a second place ribbon in the "Bed Quilt: Mixed Technique-Machine Quilted" category...





Well that is the end of the show pictures...thanks for being patient with my rushed photography.  There are over 400 quilts at this show and it is impossible for me to get pictures of all of them without being a rude horse's rear end to the other show-goers.  So please don't feel slighted if I didn't capture yours...it probably had a crowd around it when I walked by, and that's a good thing!

I also post them in the order that I take them, which is dictated by the crowds of show-goers. 

I was thrilled with the amount of hand quilting this year!  Keep it up y'all...it is worth the effort! 

I have been taking the quilt cave apart this week ahead of a huge garage sale and moving from Michigan to Alabama.  More on that later...

In stitches,
Teresa   :o)

11 comments:

  1. Thanks for all of the time you spent posting the photos from the show. There is really a good variety of types of quilts in this show.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for posting pictures of the quilt show, I've really enjoyed looking at them all. Good luck with the move, I'm about to move house as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Teresa, I wanted to thank you for your virtual tour and for all the time it took for you to crop and arrange all the photos and info sheets so that all of us who could not attend the actual show, could do so via your website. It was awesome and some of these quilts are mind blowing, not only in workmanship, but realistically speaking as well. Again, thank you for all the time and effort you put into making this possible. lv2bquilting2@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. Once again, thanks for these ... I saved them up and looked at 4 at once - amazing! I look forward to your sharing this quilt show every year! And congrats on your ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I really like that Bali Wedding Star and the Chimney Swifts quilts. Dorothy's quilt is such fun. I'm always amazed by all the talent at any quilt show. I can't even begin to imagine the hand quilting skills. Blows my mind.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You out did yourself with all these photos. It is interesting to read the sheet on the quilts that catch my eye.

    Can't wait to hear about moving a quilt cave and how to sell unneeded fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Teresa thanks for all the photos from the show!! I really appreciate you taking the time to include my quilts!! I was so happy I found your blog last year and will continue to follow you as you relocate to Alabama!! Good luck with the move!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for sharing all of the pictures of the Sauder Village Quilt Show. I always look forward to seeing the quilts from this fabulous show.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Teresa, I thoroughly enjoyed revisiting the quilt show this time online. When I enter Founder's Hall, I am overwhelmed by all the beautiful eye candy quilt. I want to go in all directions at once. It was nice to view each quilt separately and read the maker's comments. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for all your time posting these fabulous quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for posting all these quilts. I am looking at them a long time since your posting but due to the pandemic and no way to see shows I this is truly the gift that keeps on giving.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by the quilt cave...I love your feedback!

I am sorry, but you need a Google account/Profile to pose a question or leave a comment. That is very easy to get (FOR FREE) at Google.com.

Of course, you can click on my email and contact me there any time!

I am no longer able to accept comments from Anonymous readers...too much weird spam!