I've been working on the right and bottom borders, and I attached them last night. Sorry for the bad picture...this quilt is now too big for my design wall!
I reworked the border idea (big surprise) for two reasons. First, I decided to make the borders a little less chaotic because the quilt center is so busy. I really just want to add a frame to the cluster of blocks...not compete with it. Secondly, even though I have not planned out how I will hand quilt it, I want there to be some places where the quilting will show by itself (now the pressure is on to do something wonderful with the hand quilting - YIKES!).
I will applique the top and left borders sort of opposite to these two, starting in the top, left-hand corner and moving out, down and to the right. This will leave the top, right-hand and botom, left-hand corners with only hand quilting showing.
I like Corliss's "kissing birds" that she uses on her top border, so I think I will feature something like that in the top, left-hand corner, then do vines featuring more fruits and flowers, and add some butterflies.
I decided to add my initials and the date in the bottom, left-hand corner. I've seen that with other antique album quilts and decided to go for it!!
I will keep going...I'm a little nervous about all this the closer I get to the end. I am very anxious to start hand quilting it...my favorite part of the whole process.