Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Removing the cat from the quilt...


Oh, right...he looks all cute and innocent NOW...he just looks at me, sweetly, as if to ask, "what 'cha do-in'?"

This is usually after he has rubbed up against or had a rolling stretch on EVERY SURFACE IN THE HOUSE...


Let's face it...cats love quilts.  Whether they are scattering scraps and blocks or trying desperately to snooze on something you are trying to work on, there is something about our craft that is like cat nip for our 4-footed furry friends.

It is time to answer the question of how many lint rollers does it take to remove the cat hair from a 96" x 96" quilt before a quilt show.




I am also doing a little spot spritzing as well to make sure everything is ship shape before driving the quilts to the first show of the season (Sauder Village) on Sunday afternoon.


I'm glad I put the quilt under this kind of scrutiny...I found a place I had not quilted!  Unbelievable!  I need to stop sleep-quilting...


I had not outline quilted around all the flowers and leaves in front of the fountain of the cello block.  Yikes!

I am famous for this...there's a wall quilt hanging in my house right now that I walk past every day and mutter to myself, "I've got to quilt that stupid 2-inch spot..."  



Anyway...look what I picked up on the lint roller...


All ready for the show...now I just need to put the quilts somewhere Weasley won't find them until the "Pastapalooza" fundraiser is over and I am happily driving to NW Ohio to drop them off for the show...maybe the roof of the house?!

In stitches,
Teresa  :o)

17 comments:

  1. I love your quilt - good luck on the show
    The one thing I do not miss about cats in the house is the cat hair - I no it doesn't seem to bother a lot of you with cats but I do not like cats on the quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What I found amazing is that cat still stay on the quilt even while machine quilting. I almost got the machine needle on a waving tail last month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your quilt looks amazing! I love the soft texture of the quilting and the beautiful colors of your applique. Good luck at the show!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are you going to the Paducah quilt show

    ReplyDelete
  5. I laughed so hard at that lint roller pic!! So can relate to the furry inspectors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute and funny! I need to get one of those fancy cat hair lint rollers. I just returned from the UPS store as my quilt is being shipped to Sauder.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had to laugh out loud at the roller picture! My cats actually love to have the roller rolled on them! OMG the thing looks like a fur coat after a few rolls on their backs! And there is no way to get every last cat hair off things! I know, I've tried... Good luck at the quilt show! Your quilts are gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love love love that cup quilt--I have many spots that I KNOW need quilting...welcome to my world! hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  9. So, how many lint rollers does it take? A LOT - trust me - I feel your pain on that one. I know I've said it before, but your quilt is beautiful, but I really, really LOVE your kitty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't have a cat, but I find my hair everywhere. I think I'm shedding. Chris

    ReplyDelete
  11. Weasley is just so dang cute! It take many many lint rollers on a quilt that size. I'll be obsessively checking the Sauder site next week for the list of winners.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a cute cat how can anyone get mad at that sweet face . Your quilt is amazing , good luck still the show !

    ReplyDelete
  13. Muahahaha. The top photo looks like he just tipped straight over:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. that lint roller cracked me up.
    I don't hand quilt much but I have done the same thing. I don't think it would hard to do on such a big quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have that same unquilted spot on my quilt but it is an entire star in a corner. And I finished it a couple of years back and still am telling myself that I need to quilt it. I wouldn't put my quilts on the roof because I've seen my cat on the roof several times. I'm sure a quilt would just increase the amount of times the cat gets on the roof! And there's the secondary problem of: What are you going to do about the bird poop? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the lint roller picture... I have a lab- German Shepard mix and while he is not as bad as a cat for being in the middle of the quilt he is always in the room. He is black and a bit of his "magic" winds up in everything I make. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  17. You just send sweet Weasley to my house. He can roll all over my quilts!!! None of mine are headed to any show anywhere!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by the quilt cave...I love your feedback!

I am sorry, but you need a Google account/Profile to pose a question or leave a comment. That is very easy to get (FOR FREE) at Google.com.

Of course, you can click on my email and contact me there any time!

I am no longer able to accept comments from Anonymous readers...too much weird spam!