Thursday, September 2, 2010

Some vintage Teresa - take two...

Still painting the bedroom, so nothing new to share today...more vintage projects, though.  I'm starting my Christmas lists, so it was good for me to re-visit some of these projects.  I did get some more hand quilting done on little Asa's quilt last night, after removing paint from my hands.  I hope to be finished with that soon! 


This wall handing was in a quilt magazine a couple of years ago (I can't find the issue right now...).  I think it was called A Partridge in a Pear Tree and features detachable pear-shaped ornaments that hang from little red buttons on the simple tree.  It was hand appliqued, machine pieced and hand quilted.  Here's a closer look at the ornaments:


This fun little wall hanging was made for a friend...I loved the phrase, then made the tiny rail fence blocks to put around it.  It was hand quilted, in the ditch on the fence blocks and in the background of the stitchery.


This next wall hanging is a birthday keeper from Nancy Halvorsen and Art to Heart.  I made a couple of these, for parents and parent-in-laws, but never made one for me (sad face).  I need one for myself!  I cheated on the applique and just used heavy duty Heat and Bond and just fused.  I knew this would never be washed (and that it might need to be updated and re-done at some point).  I did hand quilt it, though.


I liked these three projects because they made nice gifts and were fairly unique.  Thanks for letting me go down memory lane...this also motivates me toward thinking about THIS YEAR'S Christmas gifts - the clock is ticking!

In stitches,
Teresa  :o)

8 comments:

  1. Teresa, I love "A Partridge in a Pear Tree" wall hanging! Earlier this week, I saw a wonderful piece hanging at the Quilting Season which you had hand quilted. It had a reindeer in it. Exquisite work!

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful projects. I really like that Partridge in a Pear Tree wall quilt. So cute. Winona

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great projects Teresa!! The calendar quilt is wonderful, something I would love to have as I'm always late with birthdays :0)

    Crispy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely projects Teresa! Can I be on you Christmas list? Just kidding. I do believe that a hand made gift is truly a gift of the heart.

    Cheers,
    Bobbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can call it cheating but if Heat 'n Bond gets the job done, there is nothing wrong with that.
    Are you supposed to take the pears off the wall hanging and put them on the Christmas tree as each day passes on the Twelve Days of Christmas?

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are all just wonderful! Uh yeah...I need to be painting over some rooms too. Just trying to talk myself into it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, they are all just so sweet. I do like that saying. :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Christmas wallhanging especially is lovely. But I can understand you want to make one of the Art to Heart ones for yourself!
    I shall follow your example and start on my Christmas list!
    Thank you for your lovely comment on my blog too!
    Jane

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by the quilt cave...I love your feedback!

I am sorry, but you need a Google account/Profile to pose a question or leave a comment. That is very easy to get (FOR FREE) at Google.com.

Of course, you can click on my email and contact me there any time!

I am no longer able to accept comments from Anonymous readers...too much weird spam!