Thursday, September 16, 2010

Two REALLY BIG finished BLOCKS...


I'm so proud of these two BIG finishes!  Above is my Baltimore Album and below you will find my Schoolhouse quilt:


And now the truth...they are really very TINY finishes...for my next "All Around the Town" block (#8).  LOL! 

Here they are in proper perspective (don't you just love the scissoroo scissors from Natima of NotJustNat?!?).


Every time I find a tiny scale "cheater cloth" fabric, I snatch a little up and stash it like a late summer squirrel with a big, juicy nut!  I never know when I'll need a tiny quilt in an applique project.  I hope to be back with the finished block soon.  I used one of these fabulous, fakie, quilty fabrics in one of my original blocks from my Civil War Bride Quilt as well, finished last spring.  This was my "family portrait" block (that's my daughter behind the book).


I thought about making the tiny quilts actual 3-D quilts, complete with batting, backing and quilting, but this is an unusual quilt and I'm not sure if it will be on a large table or hung on the wall, most likely hung on a wall.

Thanks for letting me pull your leg!

In stitches,
Teresa  :o)


10 comments:

  1. your little quilts are very cute,happy stitching,susi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh. my. word! You really had me going there. How cool, though! I love your family portrait block. I'd have to have my girl behind a book, too. Plus another bookish boy. And a drummer. LOL The "quilt" on the block is very real looking isn't it. Excellent work! :-)
    Blessings,
    Mary Lou

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok I am in awe that is little,little,little!
    great block love the family portrait

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had an email about where I got the "fake," mini cheater quilt fabrics. I got the Baltimore Album looking one at www.fabricshack.com. It's from a collection called "Christmas in Baltimore" by P&B. The others have been stash dwellers and lurkers for YEARS and YEARS, and I have so little left that I have no selvages anymore that would say who made them.

    In stitches,
    Teresa :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You stinker!! All my HUGE words of praise and awe were right on the tip of my fingers until you fessed up to using cheater fabrics LOL. Cheater fabrics are so handy to have around however, so you are forgiven LOL.

    Crispy

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was an optical illusion. LOL!! I thought those were bog wall hangings. Great finishes, they are really adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  7. HA! HA! Silly Teresa! Yes, you had me fooled....I was sitting here staring and in awe at such talent!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. you fooled me.
    What a creative way to use these prints. I knew a quilter who strung them around her sewing room on a clothesline with tiny pins. Always thought it was a cute idea -

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those little quilts are just adorable...and I am just as impressed after you said they were cheater cloth. They sure look like the real deal!!! Cute block.

    ReplyDelete
  10. those little quilts are perfect for your local quilt show block.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by the quilt cave...I love your feedback!

I am sorry, but you need a Google account/Profile to pose a question or leave a comment. That is very easy to get (FOR FREE) at Google.com.

Of course, you can click on my email and contact me there any time!

I am no longer able to accept comments from Anonymous readers...too much weird spam!