Monday, April 2, 2018

"FOOD FRENEMIES" is a completed top!


Well, the deed is done.  "Food Frenemies" is done and ready for basting and hand quilting.

It is now thread basted and ready to get into a hoop.  For some reason, it took me forever to get this thing basted.  It is only 48 x 48, but it seemed slow.  

I was careful to do a lot of extra basting on the outside six inches of the top.  I do not want this to get pulled out of shape.  The binding is to be a bright black/multi stripe, which will really show from a distance if it is not square.

The pressure is on...


As I am trying to spend more time in my quilt space, I decided to set up two folding tables in there for the thread basting.  It was a bit of a tight squeeze, for sure.  I am still trying to get that space to feel more like home, so it was worth feeling claustrophobic for a while.


It was very cozy in there basting away and re-watching Masterpiece Theater "Endeavor" DVDs (I have a major crush on that dude, for sure).

I have gotten the first square almost completely hand quilted.  Now to pick out some more DVDs to watch while quilting...some discs where I am not staring and drooling at the main character, LOL!

Maybe "Endeavor" was the reason it took me so long to get the basting done.


I always enjoy the repetitive process of the hand quilting.  Very enjoyable to revisit each square up close while bringing it to life in 3-D.  

But, I am getting a log jam of things needing to be quilted...I need to find a custom machine quilter I am comfortable with to catch me up.  

I guess that is another difficult thing about moving...new dentist, new doctor, new custom machine quilter...oh bother!

In stitches, 
Teresa   :o)

21 comments:

  1. your room is more organized than mine...love the grand finally of your quilt....

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just too adorable!!!! You really need to sell the pattern for this one. So many of us can identify!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The border is perfect! Enjoy the hand quilting process!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a clever quilt! I enjoy watching it progress.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your border solution! Perfect!! I am happy to see you are hand quilting it. I know we have way to many in the queue sometimes, but I just think this one deserves the soft touch of hand quilting. Don't get me wrong. I am in awe of some machine quilting, but when it comes to hand appliqued quilts I don't like to see them machine quilted to death.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your creativity never ceases to amaze me! So glad you're back!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Some use their longarm quilter after they leave. Just ship it off to them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love watching the blocks as you made them. The reveal is rewarding! You did a superb job and a funny approach to dieting. I love it as much as your other original quilts! You are spectacular in designing marvelous, stunning quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are just the amazing quilter! This speaks to me, and is so, so funny...BEST OF SHOW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the block of the scale and can totally relate! Awesome work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This quilt is so perfect for many of us. You are a quilt artist!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's a fabulous quilt with so much detail to enjoy!
    You will have fun revisiting each block as you hand quilt!
    Look at all the ribbons on the wall of your studio!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Amazing ..... and this quilt will give pause to those looking at it. Your new border is perfect ...... you know what I mean! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just love this quilt! Makes me laugh out loud! It is going to be stunning with the binding on.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I’m a big fan of yours always but I have to say that I really love this one. I feel that it may be healing to many, so I hope you show it early and often.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Really cute and I know now it will go quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fantastic!!! Love the M&Ms especially - you are SO talented! (as far as long arm quilters, I know a couple but they would involve shipping so you may be able to find someone closer to home without shipping charges/hassles - good luck!) And p.s. - such fun to see your ribbons displayed in your studio.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the quilt! Sew cute! Unfortunately, I can definitely relate. I love your sense of humor. I just want to say, your sewing space is way way too neat! Wish you hired out and could come organize me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great quilt!!!! I listen to audio books while I hand quilt. It's also a great way to figure out how many hours of hand quilting for each quilt, since each CD tells you (in my CD player) how long it is. When I start adding it up, I really feel like I'm accomplishing something. The Harry Potter series is around 109 hours. Lots of fun stitching time.

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a cool quilt. I absolutely cannot have the m's around either but I love them.
    Endeavour is awesome. It's fun to watch Morse as a younger man learning from DI Thursday. I wonder if that was an homage to Joe Friday?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by the quilt cave...I love your feedback!

I am sorry, but you need a Google account/Profile to pose a question or leave a comment. That is very easy to get (FOR FREE) at Google.com.

Of course, you can click on my email and contact me there any time!

I am no longer able to accept comments from Anonymous readers...too much weird spam!