Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Heading for the borders during Thanksgiving...


The bottom border for "Contentment" is hand-stitched, soaked and pressed, but not trimmed and attached yet.  I might wait until all four borders are done before I trim anything.  My little mathematical brain is a little distracted right now...better to be safe then sorry!


These pictures aren't very good...I have both tops I am bordering laid out on the pool table as I ponder things.  My pieces of design wall are leaning up against furniture in my bedroom, upstairs.  I have got to figure out where and how to have my design wall down where the quilt cave is!


And for my second project sprawling on the pool table, you won't believe one of my skinny stop borders I am employing in "Little Treasures."  

Some of you have been making these blocks in a larger size, one at-a-time, one day-at-a-time in 2016.  I just finished making 116 little versions of this hand-appliqued block in four days!  Now I just need to stitch them into strips and apply them to the quilt!  I will reveal that in the next post!


I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving!  

Our little family will be in two pieces...Steve is near Philadelphia for two weeks spending some time with his Dad, and Riley will be home from college for a handful of days with me in Alabama.  It will be sad not to be together, but I am happy that Steve gets to spend some good time with his Dad.

Riley and I will be on opposite sides of the couch as we watch the annual epic battle between our Alma Maters on Saturday, the "Iron Bowl."  With the National Championship on the line, I will probably root for Auburn in the first half, then switch to Alabama in the second half.  I just want Auburn to play well...and Alabama coach Nick Saben to sweat a bit...



The game starts at 10:00 AM CST on Saturday morning...what is up with that?!?  That's like, breakfast time...

In stitches,
Teresa   :o)

13 comments:

  1. 116 hand appliqued blocks?!? In FOUR days?!?! You are something else!
    Enjoy Thanksgiving with your daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. heck of a lot of stitching going on in your house! I don't watch football all that much have never been into sports. That is kind of early for the game - the parade on tv will barely be over if it is - I don't really watch it much anymore - used to not now - have a great holiday even if your gathering is small!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait for the "reveal", I think I know what it is, but can't wait to see it anyway! Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful bottom border!! Enjoy your time with Riley :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so impressed with your Contentment quilt. The border you have done is a w2onderful addition. You move along at warp speed on the applique.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my, the blocks, the beautiful blocks and equally amazing borders. What wonderful work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Thanksgiving. What a tease you are.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your quilt is looking so good. I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving with Riley and that your team comes out a winner.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It would probably take me at least a year to do just that bottom border. The whole thing is beautiful. I bet you can't wait to get it done. But what will you do next? Is there a plan. I'm betting there is. Happy Thanksgiving. Enjoy your visit with Riley.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Rollllllllll Tide! We graduated from the University of Illinois but moved to Tuscaloosa a little more than 3 years ago. Now we are Tide fans:) Nancy A: rangerer@sbcglobal.net

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is really beautiful, and I also love your header. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. It is really beautiful, and I also love your header. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. As you know, I don't do applique, but yours is freaking gorgeous. Fabulous colors, shapes, layout, pattern, design, originality. DAMN GIRL! YOU ARE GOOD. And I don't lay out compliments like that very often. I love your work! This quilt is (as usual) going to be stunning. What a fabulous way to commemorate your married life!

    hugs,
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by the quilt cave...I love your feedback!

I am sorry, but you need a Google account/Profile to pose a question or leave a comment. That is very easy to get (FOR FREE) at Google.com.

Of course, you can click on my email and contact me there any time!

I am no longer able to accept comments from Anonymous readers...too much weird spam!