My design wall is right at the bottom of the steps in the quilt cave. I walk by it many, many times a day. Waiting for the dryer to stop, I took 3 minutes to pin up the first 8 string-pieced blue diamonds into a star shape (I seriously need a real design wall instead of my icky pink college thermal blanket, bought in 1978, don't you think?...).
Then, taking a "standing break" from sitting and drafting final applique block patterns came the first broken star setting ring.
Later, I stopped on my way upstairs with freshly folded laundry to add a second broken star setting ring.
I still have a stack of finished string-pieced diamonds to play with...I wonder what will come next...
Meanwhile I ponder plain inset neutral squares versus two, more interesting options...
I am almost through hand-tracing the final copies of the first 19 "Baltimore Rhapsody" music applique blocks. I work on a large square of heavy white paper where I've layered my working pattern under a fresh square of tracing paper.
I use the flat clips to hold everything in place as I work. Simple, yet time consuming.
My husband kicked the table leg as he leaned in to kiss the top of my head last night...doh! I had to start that one over...(but it was worth it!).
I pick up pattern covers from the printer later today and drop off the block patterns...it is all very exciting (and a little scary...).
If this venture is successful, I will someday have a scanner and the proper drawing software to do this more high tech. I feel a little like the ape throwing poo at the monolith at this moment in time (cue the music from "2001: A Space Odyssey").