Monday, September 28, 2009

Next stop on my U.F.O. mission...

Hey, remember these??  120 eight-inch scrappy log cabin blocks, all piled up, waiting for a little attention from me.


I found a little time to bang them together, and Rhonda Loy (Dexter, Michigan) did the machine-quilting.  Now I just have to find a little more time to get the binding on.  (I need either a house with more floor space for taking pictures or to work on smaller projects.)   :o)

  

 

 

It would have been fun to have hand-quilted it, but sometimes a girl just has to be practical!  I'm working hard to get some of these big U.F.O.'s done so I won't feel so guilty when working on my new projects (like Civil War Bride - hmmm).  Still working on the binding of another large scrappy quilt...maybe I can share that one later in the week.

Even with cutting strips for this big project, I didn't put much of a dent in my blue and neutral scrap bins (I've got some of your scraps in this quilt, Mary Jones!!).

Scrapiness rocks my world!! (AND keeps me from having to make picky little fabric selection decisions!!).  And it is great therapy to fiddle around with all those little scraps.

Question of the day:  Which is less expensive, cotton therapy or real therapy??

In stitches,
Teresa  :o)

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful log cabin! And, I believe cotton therapy would be WAY less expensive then real therapy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a beautiful quilt. Just sayin.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by the quilt cave...I love your feedback!

I am sorry, but you need a Google account/Profile to pose a question or leave a comment. That is very easy to get (FOR FREE) at Google.com.

Of course, you can click on my email and contact me there any time!

I am no longer able to accept comments from Anonymous readers...too much weird spam!