Saturday, January 18, 2014

I am SO EMBARRASSED!


I am so embarrassed because I shared one of my favorite recipes with you in December and left an ingredient out!  I am so sorry!

A couple of you politely asked "what gives the recipe its red color, there are no tomatoes in the list," then it dawned on me...I left something out!  Horrors!

The Moroccan Eggplant Dip does INDEED have tomatoes in it...an 8 oz. can of tomato sauce!

With everyone trying to eat better and lighter in the new year, this is worth considering...it is so delicious.

Here is the recipe, now CORRECTED!

MOROCCAN EGGPLANT DIP

3 Tbsp. olive or vegetable oil
1 large eggplant, peeled and diced
1 green pepper, seeded and diced
1 large onion, diced
1 8 oz. can tomato sauce
2 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
1 Tbsp. ground cumin
2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. sugar
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
1/4 cup fresh cilantro or 2 tbsp. dried coriander leaves

In large fry pan, heat the oil and add all ingredients except the fresh cilantro (if you are using dry coriander instead, that can go into the mix now).  Cook uncovered over medium heat for 20 minutes.  Uncover and cook over high heat, stirring, until reduced to about 3 cups.  Cover and chill at least 2 hours or overnight. 

Before eating, stir in fresh cilantro, if you chose to use that over the dry coriander.

Serve with wedges of pita bread, thin slices of crusty french bread, or pumpernickel.  It is also good with raw vegetables, as a salsa, and I really love it with scrambled eggs (a sneaky way to get vegetables into breakfast!).

Red-faced,
Teresa  :o)


3 comments:

  1. Yummy! I must have missed reading your original post but I am definitely going to make this! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reprinted it for the game day later this month!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there! I know this is kinda off topic but I'd figured I'd ask.

    Would you be interested in trading links or maybe guest authoring a blog post or vice-versa?
    My blog covers a lot of interesting and helpful posts just like yours and I feel we could greatly benefit from each other. And also, I think you'll love my recent blog post titled Do Women Truly Love It When A Man Respects Their Need To Take It Slow?

    I'm hoping to hear from you too and quickly, you've got a great blog here.

    Daniel.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by the quilt cave...I love your feedback! I am sorry that I am no longer able to accept comments from "Anonymous" readers...it leaves the door open for too many spammers!