Monday, July 1, 2013

2013 Shipshewana Quilt Festival, Part Four...



Are you ready for more inspiration?  I thought this quilt was so much fun.  I think it is her own design...stunning...








I agree that there wasn't enough hand quilting at the show.  I wonder if there weren't that many submitted to be juried.  I really enjoyed studying this one.  Again, no ribbon...






I especially loved the small Baptist fan quilting motif just outside the stop border, in combination with the piano key motif.




I like the half-pieced stars for the border on the next one.











This next wall hanging won 3rd place for small, applique.






























The flowers are 3-D...COOL!




















It was hard to elbow in and get pictures of this one...everyone wanted to spend time looking at all the things on the bookshelves.  The books and bricka-bracka incorporated selvages, clothing labels, fabric badges, a crown royal bag, cross stitch, applique, novelty fabrics...so much to see!












Did you enjoy your daily dose of quilt show...there are still more to come...

In stitches,
Teresa  :o)

14 comments:

  1. Wonderful quilts! Keep 'em coming. I'm enjoying the show.

    ReplyDelete
  2. amazing work - thanks so much for sharing with us - such inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am still 'wowing' from all the quilts from your last post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Every quilt has something wonderful for the viewer to see. The mariners compass is a very clever design.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome show! Thanks for sharing! They're all SO fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Really love Elegant Garden - you hardly ever see Baltimore Beauties in autumnal colors. It really works. I loved Maggie Moo too, and BBK makes me want to just study every shelf. I can see why it had crowds of people around it.

    So, what did you think of the judging? Was there lots of disbelief being verbalized regarding ribbon placement? And what won best of show and people's choice?

    Thanks for sharing,
    Susan in Texas

    ReplyDelete
  7. Almost as good as being there myself. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing your wonderful pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Did you piece the books or did you use application. I trying to add a small book case as part of a large quilt and I'm stuck not really liking what I have done so far. Can you help.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Please Please Please where can I find the pattern for this Quilt. My Grand-Daughter is a reader and I would love to make her this Quilt. So does anyone know.??? Please let me know by email. geraldinebond04@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bonjour,
    Où puis-je trouver les explications de ce quilt bibliothèque? Il est magnifique et serait tellement beau dans mon bureau !!! Je voudrais pouvoir le réaliser. Merci de vos réponses à frantune@hotmail.fr

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by the quilt cave...I love your feedback!

I am sorry, but you need a Google account/Profile to pose a question or leave a comment. That is very easy to get (FOR FREE) at Google.com.

Of course, you can click on my email and contact me there any time!

I am no longer able to accept comments from Anonymous readers...too much weird spam!