Sunday, September 27, 2009

Tough choice for a devotee...

My 12-year-old daughter, Riley, is a HUGE Harry Potter fan.  She has been ever since we read the first book together when she was 4-5.  I made this "HARRY POTTER" quilt for her when she was 5-6 years old (I designed the blocks and drew some of the applique motifs...the others came from The Quilting Season in Saline, Michigan).  I don't remember who made the wizard fabric that I used for the borders, but at the time it was perfect (even looked a little like Dumbledore...).


Don't get me wrong, she is still a huge Harry Potter geek, but now her number one love is HORSES.  She picked out all the fabrics for "ALL FENCED IN" ("Poker Run" from Buggy Barn).  It is my first Buggy Barn effort, even though I have been collecting their books and patterns for years.  (I want to do the one with the cats and flowers next!).  I had this one machine-quilted by Rhonda Loy of Dexter, Michigan in a simple, small stippling pattern...there are only so many hand-quilting hours in the day (sigh).  All I need to do is sew on the buttons for the eyes (they look strange with no eyes...).


 


There are still three quilts waiting for me to bind them, but I have to say that all I want to do is work on "Civil War Bride Quilt" blocks.  I guess I should pace myself, but it is hard not to be thinking about fabric choices and dreaming of the groom block that I am making up in my head.  (Check out my blog list for a link to a group of very talented quilters from all around the globe who are working on and sharing this project journey together.)

In stitches,
Teresa  :o)

1 comment:

  1. Hi friend!
    I love your HP quilt! did you design all the blocks? I just love it, and I bet she did too.
    I'm going to post the one I made my daughter today.
    I also just adore the horse quilt. I've never seen this pattern and it's just wonderful!! the fence is the best border ever.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by the quilt cave...I love your feedback!

I am sorry, but you need a Google account/Profile to pose a question or leave a comment. That is very easy to get (FOR FREE) at Google.com.

Of course, you can click on my email and contact me there any time!

I am no longer able to accept comments from Anonymous readers...too much weird spam!