Friday, September 25, 2009

The Civil War Bride journey begins...


Here is block one of "THE CIVIL WAR BRIDE" quilt, adapted by Corliss Searcey of Australia from the civil war era "Bird of Paradise" quilt top, located in NYC in the Folk Art Museum.  Check out progress of people making this quilt (and also see pictures of the adaptation and the original) at http://thecivilwarbridequilt.blogspot.com/.  There is a link on this blog to The Threadbare Quilt Shop, if you are interested in emailing and ordering the pattern.

It is challenging, but really makes my heart sing.  Maybe it will be Riley's wedding quilt...let's see...she's 12 years old now, so maybe I have10-15 years to finish it?!?

Fall, my favorite season, is in the air in southeast lower Michigan!  On my way to stitch at The Quilting Season this morning, I passed this fantastic tree on Textile Rd.  Just one or two branches have turned.


I don't know that I have ever seen a tree like this depicted in a quilt...hmmm.

Time to get out all the fall quilts and house decorations!!

In stitches,
Teresa  :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by the quilt cave...I love your feedback!

I am sorry, but you need a Google account/Profile to pose a question or leave a comment. That is very easy to get (FOR FREE) at Google.com.

Of course, you can click on my email and contact me there any time!

I am no longer able to accept comments from Anonymous readers...too much weird spam!